Advisory School Council (ASC): The ASC is a representative body comprised of elected members whose primary responsibility is to advise the principal in the values, policy formation, strategic planning, financial and educational realms which govern the operation of the school.
The ASC consists of the school principal, APA parents, teachers and staff, and APA students. Just a like at a city council meeting, anyone from the APA community can attend an ASC meeting to observe and present their comments and questions at the appropriate time of the meeting.
Parent Advisory Council (PAC):
The mission of the PAC is to involve parents in both academic and non-academic activities to help establish a solid relationship between home and school.
The purpose of the PAC is to:
- Determine activities and committees to help accomplish Pacific’s vision, mission, goals, and RISE values.
- Make recommendations to the school administration and lead team.
- Facilitate communication between staff, pupils, parents, and the community.
- Inform and advise the staff regarding community conditions, concerns, and aspirations.
- Encourage community, parental, staff, and student support for school programs.
The PAC is composed of the following:
- One parent representative for each grade level
- One student representative from ASB
- A President representing all parents
- A Vice President representing all parents
- One teacher representative
- Pacific’s Parent Coordinator
- Pacific’s Principal